– USHPA Magazine
CROSS COUNTRY CLINICS
For pilots looking to learn how to link thermals, plan longer flights and go further.
COURSE PRICE: 990CHF
PRICE WITH ACCOMMODATION: 1,590CHF
XC PARAGLIDING COURSEYou can get to cloud-base, but then what? This is a very common problem that we see with pilots who come to train with us. Our XC paragliding course is designed to teach you the basic and necessary skills to fly XC. As well as fine-tuning any thermalling skills and coaching you on more advanced thermalling techniques we will also cover some of the following:
- Understanding the weather and how to predict a good XC day.
- Good decision making. This is the key to successful XC flights.
- Linking thermals.
- Reading the sky and reading the ground….and when to do which.
- Speeds to Fly – Flying with maximum efficiency.
- Keeping safe in the mountains – Really understanding leeside thermals and not ending up in one.
- How to fly in turbulent air.
- Landing-out techniques. (Too many people want to fly XC but are not competent at landing anywhere).
For pilots who can thermal but want to progress to flying bigger XC flights.
Pilots on this course are required to be qualified and capable of landing and taking off without assistance.
Every week from the end of May to the end of September. Courses start every Monday, with arrival days every Sunday if you have booked accommodation.
- COURSE: 5-day course flying with a guide.
- COURSE WITH ACCOMMODATION: 5 days of flying, all tuition, 6 nights accommodation and all transport by van or cable car.
- Equipment, including radios are not included. Radios are available to rent.
– phi247, Tripadvisor
See the flight highlights
THE OTHER FLIGHTS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE
Our paragliding thermal course is designed to help pilots not only improve thermal techniques but also to generally progress and build confidence. This is also the best course for completing your BHPA Pilot rating tasks.
Speed-flying is a form of paragliding that combines two exciting sports together… skiing and flying!
You do not need to be an expert skier for this course, however, a high level of paragliding is important.
Verbier-Summits is certified & approved BHPA school located in Switzerland. Switzerland has the highest standard of teaching regulations in the World regulated by the Federal Civil Aviation Authorities, OFAC. Verbier-Summits is the only BHPA school in the world to also be regulated by OFAC. The Chief Flying Instructor at Verbier-Summits is trained and qualified to teach by:OUR SPONSORS AND PARTNERS: